- Finished watching The X-Files season 10. Have to admit that I was sad to see it end. I loved being reunited with familiar characters and alien conspiracies. Oh, and those stand alone episodes were the best! My fingers are crossed a movie or more episodes get made.
- I didn't finish Jane Eyre. Yep, rereading it did not work out for me. I just found that I hated Rochester the more I read about him. So, I put the book down and moved on.
- I have been reading quite a bit lately. The other day I read two YA books and absolutely gobbled them up. One Paris Summer was short and sweet. It was about a brother-sister duo forced to spend the summer with their father and his new wife and stepdaughter. There was sibling rivalry, first love, and family drama galore. I loved it! The other book was, The Awakening of Sunshine Girl. It was the second in a series about a teenager named Sunshine. Having turned sixteen in the last book and discovering her true identity, Sunshine is now dealing with the aftermath of it all. Forced to work with her father in a different country away from her loved ones, she battles with herself and the dangerous world around her. I loved getting to see Sunshine find her true powers! Such a fun book! Oh, and I read The Girl In The Red Coat in one sitting. It was just too good to put down!
- The Walking Dead is getting so good!! I am loving Richonne!! I was so happy to see them FINALLY couple up. Seriously, what took them so long? And now we have Jesus and the Hilltop. New people usually mean more drama. In typical Rick fashion he kills someone and wonders why everyone is looking at him like he's crazy. And then Daryl suggests that in exchange for supplies from the Hilltop they will kill Negan and his gang - apparently this gang has been taking supplies from the Hilltop in exchange for not killing them. How crazy is that? Anyhow, now Rick's gang is on the hook to sort out this craziness. Of course, I think they are making a huge mistake agreeing to do anything without really knowing what they are up against. Then again, its Rick, so what did I expect, right? Ti (from Book Chatter) and I have been emailing about the upcoming finale. I'm convinced that Glenn is going to die at Negan's hands just like in the comics (I just finished reading the third compendium). She thinks it might be Maggie. What do you think? How stoked are you about finally meeting Negan? I'm curious how they are going to curtail his obsession with the F-word - is it even possible to do so?
- Was super excited to hear that Neko Case, k.d. lang, and Laura Veirs have combined their musical talents to create an album together. How awesome is that?! Its titled, case/lang/veirs and will be released on June 17th! I can't wait!!
Friday, March 4, 2016
Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts...
Its barely March and I already feel like the year is passing me by. There are just so many things to do and I keep forgetting to jot them all down in my planner. Instead I write it all down on note pads. I am surrounded by lists that have nothing crossed off of them. Ack! So, what do I do? I reach for a book or watch an episode of something. Talk about procrastinating to the extreme. Oh well, so it goes...
And now I'm off to write more lists of things to do. I'm also going to try and figure out which book I want to read next. Nothing is calling out to me at the moment, so its hard to decide. I'm not really sure what I'm in the mood for. I might just read the latest copy of Vogue. Hope you are enjoying a great book! Happy reading!!