- Okay, so I've had that song "Wonderful World" by Sam Cooke in my head these past few days - on repeat. And I was reading Dance Dance Dance the other night (yes, I'm still reading it. Its taking me a lot longer than I thought it would) and found this: "No sooner had I punched the PLAY button than Sam Cooke's "Wonderful World" came on. Don't know much about history...Sam the Man, killed when I was in ninth grade". How crazy is that?! Murakami mentioned the exact song that I've been humming lately. Talk about fate! I'm supposed to be reading this book! I absolutely love when weird coincidences like that happen. And I must admit that I'm really enjoying reading this last book in the Rat trilogy. Its strange and wonderful at the same time. One passage I read had me thinking of The Shining, while another section had so many Star Wars references in it that I was thinking I should re-watch the movie. I'm wondering what will pop up next.
- Just bought these awesome journals to add to my collection. Yes, I collect journals. I can't seem to help myself. Now I just need to write in them:
Pretty nifty, eh? As you can tell I'm a fan of TWD.
- I've been watching Real Housewives of NYC and OMFG it is crazy this season. So much DRAMA!! I think its got to be one of the BEST seasons ever. The OC series is about to start soon, too. I can't wait to see Vicki "whoop" it up. Talk about a Bravo addiction! Of course, that's not the only TV show I'm obsessed with lately. Grimm is where its at! I am crushing so hard on this show and its cast and Portland (where it takes place and is filmed). Each episode focuses on a Grimm's fairy tale, which is pretty cool. The show's about Nick (a cop) who is a grimm. He comes from a long line of grimms. Basically, grimms kill the bad wesen who are usually criminals. Wesen are creatures from the Grimm's fairy tales. It is a bit far fetched at times - okay, the story lines can get ridiculous and convoluted - but I still really liked it (a lot).
- Hamilton and Mudcrutch are my go-to CDs when it comes to music. Yep, I'm still listening to Hamilton (all the time!!). Its just so damn good! My Shot is my favorite song at the moment, but I'm also loving the rap battle on Cabinet Battle #1. Talk about a smart and creative musical - it is seriously the BEST! As for Mudcrutch, I am enjoying jamming out to this country rock music featuring Tom Petty (who I LOVE). The band just released their second album and it is awesome.
- I've been reading a lot lately. I got hooked on YA for awhile and wound up reading ( The Problem With Forever; Tell Me Three Things; The List; and Exit, Pursued by a Bear ). I just finished Love and Freindship by Jane Austen the other day. I found myself laughing so much as I imagined these woman fainting at every wrong turn in their lives - which for some reason was just hilarious and seemed to happen all the time. Is it evil to be sure? by Lena Dunham was a fun and interesting read. Its a collection of her diary entries from a year in college. Talk about strange and fascinating. And, I'm currently reading the fourth book (Dance Dance Dance) in Murakami's Rat trilogy. I gobbled up the first three books (Hear the Wind Sing; Pinball,1973; and A Wild Sheep Chase) and LOVED them to bits. I have to admit to being partial to the first book, Hear the Wind Sing. I think its because it was the first book that Murakami wrote and I loved that he referred to it as his kitchen-table book. Up next are Frankenstein and End of Watch. I'm excited for both, especially End of Watch. Its the final book in the Bill Hodges trilogy by Stephen King and I just know its going to be fantastic!! As for Frankenstein, I know it seems weird to read it now instead of in the Fall, but Frances from nonsuch book will be discussing the book on June 16th and I want to join in on the fun. Apparently, its the 200th anniversary of the night that Mary Shelley was inspired to write the story. How cool is that?!