.

.

Friday, October 6, 2017

Its beginning to look a lot like...baking season?

Look what came in the post:
((Thank you to Blogging for Books for providing me with a copy of this book!)
Yep! A cookbook all about holiday cookies - talk about arriving in time for the upcoming holiday season! 

about book:

From Icebox Pinwheel Cookies to Red-and-White Meringue Kisses to Apple Cider Caramels, find new inspiration for the best of seasonal baking with Holiday Cookies.
 
This instant holiday classic is packed with 50 recipes, each gorgeously photographed and meticulously tested, along with dozens of decorating and packaging ideas. Filled with reimagined favorites like Giant Molasses Spice Cookies and Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies; confections like Peppermint Bark, Smoked Almond and Cacao Nib Brittle, and Dark Chocolate–Hazelnut Fudge; and detailed instructions for gorgeous gingerbread houses, cookie place cards, and edible ornaments, this is a cookie book like no other. Because the recipes are easy to scale up or down, Holiday Cookies is perfect for cookie exchanges, gift-giving, and just enjoying throughout the season. From a veteran baker and recipe developer, each cookie in this collection is guaranteed to be a stand-out, and destined to become your new Christmas classic.

my thoughts:

Love, love, love!! I absolutely LOVED this cookbook! I am a huge fan of baking during the holiday season, so I was super thrilled to receive a copy of Holiday Cookies to review. I just knew that I was going to enjoy flipping through it and looking at all the wonderful photos of seriously delicious looking cookies. OMG - talk about cookie bliss!!  My mouth couldn't stop watering just thinking about how scrumptious these cookies must taste -  YUM!!  And the recipes - so many great ones to choose from.  There's Candy Cane Cookies, Apple Cider Caramels, Hungarian Kiffles, and Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies.  And the Espresso Thins, Cinnamon-Sugar Palmiers, Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies...oh, and the Red Velvet Crackle Cookies.  I am already trying to figure out which recipes I want to use later this year.  I've tabbed up my copy of Holiday Cookies with possibilities, but I still keep looking through the book for more ideas. I just can't wait to start baking. 

Holiday Cookies by Elisabet der Nederlanden is a must-have for anyone who loves to bake.  I'm serious! This book has loads of recipes, tons of photos, and so many great tips - from decorating, packaging to storing your cookies.  Holiday Cookies has it all!!  I would definitely recommend this book to anyone and everyone who loves cookbooks - you are going to fall in love with this one! And you are going to want to start baking for the holidays ASAP.

I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review.

4 comments:

Lark said...

This one sounds yummy! But I want someone else in my family to learn to bake all those treats...so I can just enjoy eating them. :D

Dot said...

Ooh I love a good festive cookbook- this looks lovely!

Nadia said...

Lark, it is! Sounds like a smart idea :)

Dot, me too! So much fun to read :)

Veritable House Cleaning Warwick NY site info said...

I highly recommend adding this cookbook to your collection. It will be a treasured part of your Christmas celebrations, I just know it!