.

.

Monday, July 8, 2024

Monday Musings...

Woke up with back pain (again) and it rots. Makes me wonder if it's my mattress - ugh. I couldn't sleep all that well, so I finished reading a book around 3am. It was the new one in the Helen Grace series by Arlidge. Forget Me Not is the title. I've always liked the series, so I was glad to read a new one. I feel like it's been awhile. Anyhow, the ending left me wondering where the story will go next.

I decluttered some books and it felt great. I gave them to my cousin. She's visiting from Texas and loves to read now, so I thought it was great timing. I gave her a bunch of suspense-thrillers that I knew I was never going to re-read, but that I had enjoyed - Sarah Pearse, Freida McFadden, Karen M. McManus, and Peter Swanson. I still need to declutter more books, because I realize that I don't want all of them anymore. I just want my favorites and ones I will re-read again. The rest can go. I mean, do I really need a book I read in high school that I will never read again - The Pearl by Steinbeck? 

I'm listening to Indigo Girls, The Chicks, and James right now, which I am loving. They're helping make my Monday a good one. And now, I'm off to tackle my to-do list. Wishing everyone a great week! 

3 comments:

Lark@LarkWrites said...

Back pain is the worst! I'm sorry it woke you up. But yay for making progress on your decluttering and weeding out some of your books. I try to only keep books I love and know I want to reread...though my too-full bookshelves would contradict that. ;D And nobody needs to keep a copy of Steinbeck's The Pearl. I had to read that one in school, too, and I did not love it.

Nadia said...

Lark, yes! It really is :( Thank you! You are so right - I didn't love it either. And I know what you mean about too full bookshelves :)

Vintage Reading said...

Nothing worse than back pain! Plenty of rest and paracetamol is the only thing that cures it! Hope it goes soon.