Now for 10 truths about me:
1. Whenever I have a really vivid dream that wakes me up, I automatically go to dreammoods and find out what my dream means. And if there is a book in my dream, I buy a copy of it.
2. I used to read my tarot cards all the time in college and even at grad school, but haven't looked at them in ages.
3. I've seen Natalie Merchant three times in concert and loved each show.
4. I am obsessed with handbags and am currently coveting a black Marc Jacobs leather tote that I saw in the new Nordstrom catalog.
5. I start a journal and then never completely fill it up; and so each time I want to start journaling again, I buy a new journal. Today I bought a new one with typewriters all over the cover.
6. My favorite color is green.
7. The only type of pie I like is strawberry.
8. My favorite movie is The Spitfire Grill. Every time I watch it I cry.
9. I love the show, Ab Fab, but didn't always understand some of the dialogue (because they were references to shops in the UK or local UK celebs); and after living in England for grad school, I totally get the references and find the shows even more hilarious.
10. When my sister and I were younger we would stay up late watching Nick at Nite. We used to love, The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis.
Alright, well those are my ten truths. Enjoy! By the by, I just finished reading Precious and have moved on to my next read, Sugar. I still have The Swan Thieves sitting on my desk waiting to be read. Plus, I have a pile of magazines to get through - just got my new copy of O a few days ago, and I still have Elle, Glamour and Easy Living to read. Until next time, Happy Reading!
Great list! I love that you buy books that appear in your dreams. That's so funny!
Oh this is too funny. I remember seeing The Spitfire Grill at the movie theaters. We had no clue what it was about going into it but I loved it. And my brother and I used to watch Nick at Nite all the time too. I LOVED The Many Loves of Dobie GIllis...and Get Smart and The Dick van Dyke Show.
I also used to do tarot cards! Do you love the Angel cards too? We loved Nick at Nite too!!!
Congratulations on your award! I have a couple Tarot decks hidden somewhere. The last time I used them was for a midnight reading ages ago.
StephTheBookworm - Thanks! I don't know why I started that habit, but I just thought that maybe the book was in my dream for a reason - like maybe it was supposed to reveal something to me. Lol!
Amanda - I know what you mean! When I first saw the movie, I didn't know what to expect. And then I saw it and just loved it. Everytime I watch it, I have that song in my head for days afterward (the one about Gilead). And didn't Nick at Nite rock?! They had such fun shows!
Holli - I actually really liked the Angel cards! Is that what you used? I used a mythic tarot deck. I haven't used them in so long that I wonder if I would even be able to remember what they mean. As for Nick at Nite - that was the best!!
StephanieD - Thanks! I know, what you mean. I have my deck somewhere in my closet and it feels like so long ago since I've needed to use them. Perhaps its time to revisit them :)
Ah! Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, but I've just gotten to my google reader after a crazy weekend. Thank you so much for the award! I feel so warm and fuzzy inside now ;p Oh, and, yay for dream books and tarot cards.
I thought I'd already left a comment on here, but I see I haven't. Congratulations on your award! Thanks so much for passing the award on to me! I love old TV shows, too, but Leave it to Beaver and I Love Lucy are my favorites.
I love Natalie Merchant too. Handbags are my vice. Can you ever have too many? I think not. And Ab Fab? Absolutely hilarious!!!
Oh that is so cool you love Natalie Merchant!!! I've always wanted to see her in concert but have never made it for one reason or another....I have her programmed on my pandora on my iphone and fall asleep listening to her or similar music! Way, way cool!
Dreammoods? I learn something new if I have a dream that wakes me next time. For journals I use Moleskine and am about to finish one.
I used to be really into tarot cards in high school and to a lesser extent college too! I need to pick them up again. :)
I have Swan Thieves waiting for me as well, only it's waiting at my neighbors because I loaned it to her first! Isn't that a mark of a good friend? Congratulations on your award! I was interested that you read Tarot cards; I never have.
A little off topic, you have won a copy of Henrietta's War from the Bloomsbury Group giveaway on my blog. Congrats! Email me your shipping address?
Why don't I know The Spitfire Grill? I'm going to have to go check it out on IMBD.
I'm the same with journals - there is just something about writing in a fresh new book! By the way, I can't wait for your opinion on To Kill A Mockingbird, I hope you like it. I read it for English at school years ago and loved it.
I love "To Kill a Mockingbird," read it five times aloud to five home room sixth grade classes. Delighted that my novel "Guest House" will soon be on your site. Thanks for hosting a giveaway!
Post a Comment